Saturday, March 29, 2008

March 29, 2008

Here goes my attempt to be a blogger. I think this is a great idea for family and friends to see updated pictures and info of our little family. Here is the rundown so far of us:
We are living in Salt Lake City after moving here a year ago from Tigard, OR. I am so happy to be back to Utah! I remember being one of those people who complained about Utah but once I moved away I saw just how much I really loved it. We live in a small duplex in a great neighborhood. We love our ward and all the friends we have made.
George is going to start school soon (hopefully by Aug.). He is starting from scratch at 35 years old but is up for the challenge. He is currently working 60+ hours a week for Salt Lake General Contracters and Davis Security. He received his social security number and we are almost all done with his interviews for residency in America. After much time and TONS of money we are so glad to almost be done with it. He is looking forward to rugby season starting again and playing with his friends.
Tatiana is eleven months old today! She went from being completely immobile at ten months to making me chase her around the house trying to keep everything out of her mouth. I am pretty sure she weighs a grand total of 30 pounds which definitely makes her a heavyweight champion. She stands and pulls herself up all the time but doesn't quite trust herself on her own to walk. I will be glad to not carry her around when she can walk. She truly is a pleasant baby and I am so grateful for all the sheer joy she brings in our lives. What was our family like before her?
I (Mel) am still figuring out the whole mother/wife thing. Someday I might be just fabulous at it but for now I am still working on it. I am a substitute crossing guard which is a lot of fun. Having only one car, I am stranded a lot of the time at home. I can't wait until we buy a second car and I get my freedom back! I am debating on going to hair school. It depends on money and time. We will see how that goes. Someday I need to go back and finish my degree. But for now it is poopie diapers and happy smiles all day.
Life is grand and we just live in it!

3 comments:

Madsen Family said...

OH my gosh, Melissa! It has been waaaay too long!!! I miss you! I can't believe you are a mommy! Isn't it great! You can get updated on us on our blog...there should be a link from my name here. Miss you! LEt's get together!

J said...

that bum picture was great! i'm glad you finally started a blog. i'm going to add your site to my link list. trust me, it'll be sweet. hey, if you ever need a ride somewhere or just want to get out of the house, you should give me a call!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Yeah I am so glad that you joined blogger world! Its such a great way to keep in touch. Your daughter is a totally cutie...you guys should probably have like 5 or 10 more!