Well this has no title because this blog is going to cover a lot. Our internet only works sometimes so I have to wisely use my time when it is working. But here is the update thus far
First, we are not moving, yet, and not far. We decided not to take the job in Chicago because it didn't turn out to be what we thought and didn't seem like it would have been worth it in the end. We are going to move in about two months to a bigger, better place someplace in Salt Lake. We are looking at better jobs out here and hope we get one. So pray for us!
Second, I would like to put our SLUMLORDS on blast. I am so irritate with them. They refuse to fix our swamp cooler and say we have to pay for it when it was broken before we even moved it. We lived through half of winter with the heater broken. Our neighbors who we share the duplex with are dealing drugs for sure. I let our SLUMLORDS know this like 6 months ago and they said we needed to get over it our they would kick us both out!?! I have to say I HATE these people. I pray for the peace to forgive them. But knowing they are members and doing a lot of this out of PRIDE I have very bad feelings towards them. They don't like us because George started out working with them and found a better job and the jerk never got over it. When we asked if we could stay a couple more months they said they had already rented it and then TWENTY MINUTES later they put up a for rent sign. They called us the next day and said we could stay a few more months if we fixed the swamp cooler. JERKS!!!! Nevermind the fact we have never been late with rent and we are good tenants. We mowed the lawn and took care of the landscape for the first year and they never even said thank you or gave us a discount on our rent. We never signed a lease with these people because they acted like our friends in the beginning and now I know they will never give us our deposit back. They are shady jerks. Can I say that enough? We love this ward and our neighbors (except the drug dealer). Our neighborhood is great and we would buy a house here if we could. I just have to keep myself calm by knowing that it all comes around in the end and they will get theirs.
Third, something I love but I know I won't love forever is Tati has learned how to shake her head no. It is so cute I can't help but prompt her to do it all the time. But this means she now is telling me no all the time. I wonder how long that will stay cute?
Pray for us that we find a better place to live and a great salary job with great health benifits. I need all the prayers I can get right now in this stressful time!!!!
2 comments:
i'm sad you aren't planning to move closer to me! it would have been so much fun.
sorry your living situation is crappy. not that it's the exact situation, but the last place we lived i hated, and it felt so good to get out. hopefully the time will fly for you.
Geez, I never knew you had to deal with so much crap from your landlord! Sorry to hear it. Hey, if you're looking for a place to move, feel free to look at Montana. This state has nothing but unused space. Not many jobs, though.........
Anyway, we miss you guys a lot and hope everything works out for you soon.
Post a Comment