Friday, May 6, 2011

This Mother

There is so much for me to post about. Tatiana's fourth birthday, her party, soccer and the list goes on. I will sometime I promise. Lately, I have had some really dark days. I feel like a black cloud has followed me around everywhere making it hard to even get out of bed some days. The financial stress, nonexistent insurance, father-in-laws shaking health, dread of school all compounded with that this pregnancy has suddenly taken everything out of me. I am so hormonally imbalanced and exhausted all the time. My one year old is like a roaring tornado that causes havoc and mess everywhere her adorable feet set down. I just can't keep up with her or her messes. And so my house is a disaster. And it is going to stay that way. And this morning as I had lost it on her for the 100th time because she dumped her whole bowl of cocoa puffs on the floor I decided to take a time out and look on facebook. I had just finished asking her," why do you have to be so naughty? Can't you cut me some slack right now? Mommy is just so tired!", when I came upon a blog post someone put up on facebook. Curious, I clicked on it. I invite you to read it too. Let me tell you I was sobbing so hard and my girls were all over me comforting me and worried. Alilia kept saying," I'm sorry Mom. I'm sorry." All I could do was hug them and tell them how lucky I am to be their mommy and how much I love them.

1 comment:

Matt said...

So wish I had read this blog before I had myself a little pity party this evening. Makes you stop and think about what's worth complaining about.