Friday, June 10, 2011

This time around

I thought maybe I should do the classic "this pregnancy" post. So here are some different and same things:

At week 21 I am still throwing up everyday, maybe twice. So I guess it will be this way until the day I deliver. People are nice and always tell me that they feel bad for me but the truth is it's kinds relieving. So many of my friends are having miscarriages, trying to adopt, can't get pregnant and everytime I throw up it is a realization of how lucky I am.

Just like his two big sisters, this boy favors my right side. By the end of my pregnancy my belly is so disproportional with my right side stretched out. Weird, huh?

I'm having a hard time buying boy clothes. I'm just drawn to girl clothes. I just don't want my son to look like every other boy out there. I want him to have some style, I'm just having a hard time finding it.

I feel attractive this pregnancy. I did with my first but felt like butt the second. I like my pregnancy glow and even though my body is HUGE, I like it. I've gotten a few cat calls and whistles so maybe others like it too???

I started taking iron during my pregnancy, instead of after and it has made a huge difference in my energy.

Although, I'm still irritable I really have a new found love for my existing children. I have a intensified feeling of mommyhood and can't believe how lucky I am to have such wonderful, adorable children. I am so in awe of the beauty of my daughters and lay in bed wondering what this little boy will look like.

I've decided that I want to take family pictures while I am pregnant. Crazy? Probably, but I know after this boy comes it changes the whole dynamics of our family so I want to document it now. Besides, like I said I like this preggo body.

The biggest difference is just realizing we are having a BOY! This is so new to me. I was in shock even the second time that little penis came up on the ultrasound. I keep worrying he is going to change into a girl. By the look of it, that's not going to happen.

2 comments:

*Lauren* said...

The cat-calls you've heard were from me :) You're a hot mama and I'm glad you're loving it. Yes, boy clothes are hard to pick out when clearly the girl clothes are way cuter AND you're so used to buying for girls. You've got time. It's easier when fall swings around. Baggy hoodies, sweaters and jeans...he'll look like a stud. Just no puppys printed on his shirts please--haha!

J said...

We are getting family pictures done next week for the same reason. I mean, even though I'm pregnant and I feel huge, I still want to document what our family has been like before baby #3 arrives. I'm glad you feel good about your body this time around. I wish I could say the same for myself! Cat calls? Psh, you must be rockin' that preggo body! :)