Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's called Tomato Sauce not Ketchup

How can I give a quick update of the past fifteen months? Here goes:

  1. Mosa turned one on Sept. 29th! What a great year with this little addition. He is all smiles and we all just adore him. We didn't end up even having a birthday party for him because we were so busy packing. Most family members didn't even tell him Happy Birthday. I felt sorry for my boy. I'm gonna make up for it on his second.
  2. We moved to Australia. I gave away my beloved washing machine, sewing machine, tvs, wii, fridge, scooter and all the luxuries that made my life so easy. We packed up eight suitcases of clothes and that's it. I miss my stuff. But it's just stuff. We flew stand by and it was a nightmare. Wouldn't reccomend that to anyone. We had to eventually buy tickets which ended up costing up through our nose. I'd like to just forget all about that.
  3. We moved in with family. George's sister was so wonderful and sacrificed a lot to let us come and stay with her and family. They had a granny flat in the back that was one bedroom and a bathroom. We stayed for about three months and then moved into our own apartment in January.
  4. Tatiana started school in Australia. I was anxious to pull Tati out of school in America and have her not start again until January. I was so happy when she adjusted well. She loves her class. She wears a uniform and it's pretty darling. It better be it cost $400! And that was just for the summer. We had to shell our another $400 this month for her winter one.
  5. Tati turned six! Can't believe how fast it is going. These kids aren't babies anymore. I miss the chubby cheeks. I love the girl she has turned into though. She is always trying to please her mommy. I'm so grateful for such a good girl.
Now that wasn't so hard was it? That's just the bare bones version. I'll be honest we have had a rough few years. I'm ready for it to be better. I'm confident that it will. I'm quite homesick for my friends and just America in general but I'm know how lucky I am to have this opportunity to live in Austalia. I'm grateful my kids get to be around there cousins and extended family. It's so priceless to see their joy from be best friends with their cousins.I love to watch my girls work all their uncles. There is just something about a girl and her uncle. These big men become so soft. I love that Mosa loves his Mama(George's mom). He is attached at the hip to her if she is anywhere in sight. I love going to the beach. It is just my heaven on Earth. And the fresh seafood is just a bonus!
So what's happening now? We have a five year plan. I think, pray and dream about the five year plan.  George applied the the University here and we find out next month if he gets in. Then he would start in July and go full time until he has his bachelors in Business. After he is done with school we want to move back to America. Hopefully Utah and Salt Lake but it would all depend on where he could get a job. I'm also open to California, Arizona or Texas.  I like the vibes there. I will just keep praying we can get to a point where money isn't such a struggle with us. The five year plan will bring stability. And I'm all for that!

No comments: