Monday, January 12, 2009

This baby is feeling the music

We had our first ultra sound with this little one today. It kind of isn't real until you actually see the baby up on that screen. He/She was going to town kicking and whooping his/her arms and arching his/her back. The doctor was like, "Wow he sure isn't slowing down. He is quite active." George and I just laughed because Tati was super active and anytime there was pressure on my stomach she would kick like crazy! The doctor said we would have the ultra sound for another two months to tell us if it is a boy or girl. I was a little bummed about that because we found out with Tati at 14 weeks. I did that Mid wife thing where they dangle the pencil over your wrist and that said it was a girl. The Chinese calender says it is a boy however...so I guess we will just have to sit tight and see.
Afterwards George and I went to McDonald's for a quick lunch. I sat there kinda of amazed by all the people inside. There were little kids and moms with babies out in the playland, older couples socializing with there walkers next to them, and missionaries getting some lunch. I thought it was cool how about every stage of life was represented in the little McDonald's. Maybe George and I will meet our "lunch group" there when we are in our eighties.
I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that I was having another child. I can't believe I will be a mother of two. It is like getting pregnant and having Tati was a fluke but to actually conceive life again... I can't explain how weird that is for me. I am deeply humbled and amazed.

No comments: