Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bye Bye Camry


We decided we were going to junk our camry which has many problems and needs so much work put into it. Work we didn't want to invest in. This was our first car as a married couple and the first car George had in America. I was thrilled to get rid of it since I refuse to drive it. It leaks oil on the engine which makes it smoke and so many times I would pull up and some frantic person would yell, "Get out of the car! It is smoking...it might blow!" And I would have to explain no it just does that. I also hated all the dirty looks I got from fellow drivers on the road because the smoke stunk so bad. I pretty much hated this car. George on the other hand loved it for some reason. It has taken me months to convince him we should put more money into it and keep it. So I called the junk yard and got a quote for how much they would give us. I thought just for kicks I would put it up on KSL classifieds for double what they said and see if I got any calls. Well before I even finished the add our phone was ringing off the hook. People called and said they were coming right now to look at it. I hadn't even gotten out of my PJ's yet. Then a guy called and said he was going to buy it and please take down the add right now and don't sell it to anyone. I said I would call him if someone was going to buy it before he could get here. Someone did. Well long story short... people were fighting over our car and we ended up selling it within an hour of puting the add up. We also got an extra hundred more than we asked. So we are taking that money and getting something really fun.......which might be my next post....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and piece of junk cars are like 2 peas in a pod. I remember when your honda had to have a quart of oil put in it every time you would drive up to mariposa and back. And we won't even get started on that 2 tone truck you drove...

Maura said...

Yeah! How fun. Don't you just love KSL and Craigslist?

Unknown said...

my cars are always awesome

marilyn said...

Please tell Joel how to sell a car!

Ashley said...

Rock on! Nice work Mel! I too love KSL and Craigslist!