Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2009 Christmas Card

Merry Christmas to all! These past weeks have been crazy so this is pretty much our Christmas Card folks. We are still in limbo, much to our distress, with our house. I think George and I have aged twenty years over this deal. I pulled a muscle in my neck brushing my teeth the other day. Funny, huh? Except for the fact I couldn't move the past couple days. Excluding those things life is pretty great. We are so grateful to have two healthy, beautiful children who bring us so much joy. We are grateful for George's job, his boss and all the blessings it has brought into our life. I am so grateful for my job as a crossing guard. I love my kiddos I cross. I got so many hugs and gifts from them on their last day before the break. I know I have it pretty good.
Lately, I have been thinking about how Mary felt giving birth to the Savior. Imagine seeing Christ's first smile and feeling his hand curl around your finger all to know he was going to grow up and suffer a horrible death to save the world. I am not sure how I would deal with that. As a mother we always feel we have to protect our children and Mary knew she couldn't do that. I hope our home this season reflects the love we have for the Savior of the world.
We hope you and your family have a great Christmas season. We feel blessed to have great family and friends and you are part of that!

5 comments:

~MIRANDA~ said...

I so LOVE that you blog stalk! I do it all the time!!! It was lots of fun going to Jerry's! We should make it a tradition! I love your Christmas cards!

~MIRANDA~ said...

I so LOVE that you blog stalk! I do it all the time! It was tons of fun last night! We should all get together more often!

Jessica said...

What a great picture! Merry Christmas!

Edwards Fam said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful family! Merry Christmas!

The Laban Family said...

love the picture Melissa! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!