Thursday, August 11, 2011

Recent musings

I watched my friend's adorable one year old twin girls while she was in the hospital having her little boy. They truly are usually the easiest kids ever except this time they had the flu and both had double earaches from the molars that were coming in. They had a fever of 103 and the ER said they couldn't treat them without their parents permission and my friend and her husband had their phones turned off. On top of that, they puked every two hours this black, horrible vomit. Oh what a night! Alilia then got it the next two days and Tatiana got it when she was all finished. It was horrid. Count your blessings we have been vomit free for three days. I was so exhausted I literally couldn't even get off the couch yesterday. Every drop of energy had been depleted from me. It also didn't help that our AC broke yesterday and won't be fixed till next week. One more complaint and then I will move on. Can everybody please stop talking about their money? I am so sick of hearing people brag about money and even MORE sick of everyone complaining how broke you are. EVERYONE is broke right now. It's not a competition where the winner is the person who can prove they are the poorest. The truth is I know plenty of people who have no food in their cupboards right now and they are the ones who complain the least.

Moving on....I am so grateful to be thirty weeks today! I had Tatiana at 37 and Alilia at 36. I just am going to try very hard to keep this little bub in for six more weeks. This means basically bed rest but with two kiddos that is not happening. The doctor says my iron and blood count is very low and I keep having to take these tests to check it. I've started taking prescription iron pills and supplements instead of the WalMart ones I was taking. Hopefully this improves my count. But besides feeling like I have no energy whatsoever, I feel pretty good. I only throw up every other day and I can handle that for two more months. I feel like having this baby boy is so close and I am so excited! I can't wait to hold him in my arms and kiss and cuddle him. I can't wait to smell his new baby smell. I can't wait to actually use all these WONDERFUL baby gifts people have brought me! I am so in love with all of the handmade stuff people made for my little bubby. For the next six to eight weeks I can take anything knowing that soon, very soon, my son that I prayed so hard for will be in my arms.

No comments: