Wednesday, February 25, 2009
The long and short of it all...
We had our ultrasound Monday but it didn't turn out how we hoped. The cheeky little booger wouldn't uncross his/her legs so we didn't find out. Goes to show we will have one more stubborn person to join our house. The ultrasound took forever and they had to do additional tests and didn't tell us why. By the end I was so exhausted and George had actually fallen asleep and was snoring to my dismay. Turns out the next morning they called and told me I have what is called Placenta Previa. When I asked the nurse what that was her reply was that she didn't know how to explain it to me.?!? I asked if it was serious and she said yes it was pretty serious. So I freaked out and stressed myself completely out until I called back today and asked to speak to a different nurse and she explained it to me. My placenta, instead of being at the top where it is suppose to be is at the bottom covering my cervix. Hopefully, by the end of my pregnancy it will have moved up and everything will be alright. If not, I will have a preterm baby and quite possibly a hysterectomy. I could also puncture the placenta and bleed out and die. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. So I am put on pelvic rest which means to sit/lay as much as possible, no housework(bummer), no sex(even bigger bummer;), no lifting anything(especially monstrous 35lbs daughters) and to take it easy as much as possible. The lifting thing is getting a little difficult but the rest is like a nice vacation to myself. I go back to the doctor March 9th and I will have another ultrasound within a month. They also pushed back my due date to Aug. 2 which is very sucky! I guess that bloody baby monitor to the right is actually correct. Go figure! All in all, the baby is healthy and I am grateful for it. Girl or Boy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are so freaking funny! I laughed out loud at 5 different things in your post. Holy smokes. Love that you get a mini vaycay. I'm sorry about your placenta. Is that what you're supposed to say in these situations? Sounds weird. Anyway, can't wait to hear what gender the kiddo is.
sorry about the problem, Melissa! Take care of yourself.
Crazy news! I'm freaking out right along with you!! Something tells me that amidst all this craziness everything is going to be ok. When is the next scheduled ultrasound to find out? Can you travel at all or are you strictly bed rest? Need a visit?
Post a Comment