Saturday, February 7, 2009

Show me the money...


Alright, here is the truth. I use to hate coupons. Actually ,I detested them. I was so embarrassed if I was with someone and they whipped out their coupons at the register. I would shoot apologetic looks to the people in line behind them and pretend I wasn't really with that person. But times are 'a changin my friend. The economy has been on the down hill slide and it is now personally effecting everyone. Friends who had stable, providing jobs are being let go with nothing to pay their mortgages and bills. I have decided that I need to start making a conscious effort to save more money. If we want to buy a house by December I need to save every penny I can. So I have given the whole gungho effort to coupons. In fact, tonight was the very first time I used a coupon(s). I felt very proud of myself. I organized them and made my grocery list around them so when I got to the register I could hand them to the cashier in a very quick, efficient way. I will be doing that all the time now. Why not? It is free money basically getting handed back to you. What isn't cool about that? So if you want some places to find coupons here is what I know: Sunday paper, Couponcabin, and mailers. If you know some more let me know. I'm cool I save money.

9 comments:

marilyn said...

You are cool!

Jessica said...

I'm trying to get into couponing too, except I haven't even ordered the newspaper yet, so I'm a little behind. I hear about people MAKING money when they go to the store, because they only buy what's on sale and use coupons on top of that! They apparently have classes at grocery stores occasionally, so I'm planning on going to one of those (someday).

Anonymous said...

Oh boy. I'm glad you're now on the bandwagon, because I am coupon Queen! Best thing to ever happen to me as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sorry I missed all the fun on Thursday night. Boo. Sounds like it was good times.

And I can't figure out why you're ever down in the dumps. Seriously, you are beautiful. I think that every time I see you. And I'm totally jealous of your cute earrings and necklace combo you were rocking yesterday. Loved them!

Anonymous said...

I bought baby shampoo at Target yesterday for 24 cents with a coupon. I am a coupon FREAK now, you have no choice when you have kids and are poor!

Sera

Unknown said...

Yah Sera! You are reading my blog. I wish you would start one too so I could see some pics of cute little Zera!!! I would help you....

Anonymous said...

I don't just read your blog, I stalk your blog. I check it every day! Creepy.

Amie said...

that is so crazy what a small world. So do you live in there ward? I lived in a basement apartment across from Fat cat's until just before my little girl was born. We moved out to have more space.

Josie said...

WAHOOO!!! Welcome my dear friend...

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa! Love your blog! Your daughter is ADORABLE!! You'll have to email me and tell me all about how you met your hubby.

I try to use coupons, when I remember them. They're even organized in my little coupon book! I need to do better in using them.