Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Inner

Let's get dirty honest for a minute here. I tend to be incredibly self absorbed sometimes. I like to think I am aware of it and make a conscious effort to squash this selfishness but I have a lot of work to do. For example:
Recently, I felt irritated with someone. Trust me these days it is a shock if I'm not irritated with someone. This person did some acts that I deemed "irresponsible". I am not close to this person so I never shared with them how I felt so the feeling stayed in the back of my head. I eventually started to think of ways to get rid of this person out of my life. Like I said I am not close to this person so that would be pretty easy with a few snips here and a few phone calls there. I had convinced myself that it was for the better and decided to rally my troops against this person with some phone calls. Before I picked up the phone, however, I decided to check my email. This lead to browsing the web and such where out of the blue I landed on something said person had wrote. As I read though inner feelings and thoughts I realized this person is a lot like me. They struggle with day to day issues. They try to be the best at everything, yet know in some areas they won't come close. Basically they are human.
I think I will try to be this person's friend. We may have some stuff to learn from eachother. Heaven knows we sure can relate.

2 comments:

marilyn said...

Good call!

Madsen Family said...

OH I hope you aren't talking about me and getting the date set. I will feel better once we get something set in stone. Call me!