Tuesday, April 5, 2011

In a day

Yesterday an amazing thing happened! I found someone to watch my girls (major stress of my life) while I went to my first Dr's appointment. I have taken two weeks off of school so just driving alone in the car seemed odd. At first I stressed I was going to be late then, for the first time I started to get really excited to hear this little baby inside me. I haven't had even a moment to be excited. There is so much stress about money, insurance, blah blah blah that I haven't been able to focus on the happy part. Two of George's siblings have twins (both girls) and so do a few of his cousins so everytime I get pregnant it is in the back of my mind. The doctor's office was wonderful and friendly. The did say I was only 12 weeks, not 14. I guess I can't count? Then I shared my concern about multiple babies and they humored me and listened to the heartbeat. They did hear two heartbeats! But I guess the baby has a heartbeat and so does the placenta so there is a high chance that it is only one baby. I go back tomorrow and hopefully they do an ultrasound to find out for sure. I have a feeling that it is only one baby and kinda of have an inkling that it is an other girl. But guess what? That makes me excited! Just the thought of holding a precious little person, who smells wonderful and needs me so completely is thrilling! I feel so grateful!
On a side note, I have been having an extremely hard time with Alilia. If you tell her about the baby in Mommy's tummy she will scream and hit my belly as hard as she can. NO BUENO. I can tell she is having an issue with not getting enough attention. At 21 months she is so freaking smart! We have been fighting non stop until...... I stopped. I decided that instead of referring to her as my little "monster" I would tell her she was a good, nice girl. Instead of yelling when she punched and pinched Tatiana I calmly told her she was a nice girl and nice girls don't do that. It was amazing how all of the sudden my girl who doesn't like to sit still suddenly let me hold, hug and kiss her all day. Really it was my fault all along! She just wanted more of her mommy's attention, the good kind.
My darling friend Marina knocked on my door this morning and surprised me with some adorable hair bows for my girls. What a lovely surprise! And if this is another girl she will have plenty of cute things to choose from:).

2 comments:

Matt said...

oh goodness! You just may join us in the madness-that would be CRAZY! although it may explain how sick you have been. I was way, way more sick during my second pregnancy. can't wait to find out for sure if it is one girl or 2. Or you may just get the shock of a lifetime and get a boy, any of the three options would be fabulous! Good Luck!

aniC said...

Girl!!! I need an update ASAP!!
I love what you did with Alilia and that it works. I'm trying to do that with Judson, but it's hard sometimes to not just lose it immediately.