Monday, March 9, 2009
I am proud to be a member..
So for awhile I have debated whether or not to post my feelings on the whole prop 8 and "gays vs. mormons", which by the way I feel is a bunch of krapoola. Then today, I read that the show BIG LOVE is going to show full temple ceremonies with full temple clothing on their March 15th episode. Now, I actually have watched BIG LOVE quite a bit and usually enjoy it because I am obsessed with polygamists. This, however, is taking it to a whole new low. I am disgusted that an ex-member who is on the shows writing staff can feel comfortable writing this. I feel that in these lasts days the Church is only going to keep getting hit over and over again. It is our job as members to stand up strong. That is all I am going to say about that. If you want to read the church's press release on this issue here is the link http://www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma . Form your own opinion and if you feel like leaving HBO a comment you can do so on their website.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That makes me sick that someone would do that.
I totally agree with you! This is an all time low for the show, that I watched until this happened. I am proud to say I canceled my HBO channel. No more Big Love for me!
I want to know your feelings on Proposition 8! We should talk because I can't talk to anyone else here about that kind of stuff! I read about the BIG LOVE thing about a week ago and saw a picture of the girl in what looked like full temple robes. I've never seen the show and don't think I ever will. I like the statement that the Church put out on lds.org. Something like this isn't going to affect the Church when you look at the big picture. Hey, I just though of something you might be interested in. I'm going to email you a link!
Post a Comment