Thursday, October 1, 2009

Movin' on up to the east side....

We are officially "under contract" to buy a great little home in Holladay. I am so excited!!!! I know it is the right place for us and a great place to raise our little girls. The great thing is we already have good friends in the ward. I'm sure the Allens, Bringhursts, and Nelsons are just peeing there pants waiting for the day we move in. Now...anybody have some places I can go and get decorating/painting/flooring ideas? I am in major need of some cute/cheap decorative thingies. I can't wait to throw away most of our crap and actually buy things for my house for the first time! Goodbye ugly, pleather, offwhite/stained 80's sofa with the rips all over! I hated you since the first day my sister-in-law bought you at a garage sale and "surprised" me with u. (I am still grateful because it gave us a place to sit.) Goodbye loads of crap that I kept just because..."u never know I might need it". I am going to be a minimalist! Cleanse, purge and feel better. If I don't love it, it isn't going in my new house. I am going to repaint my "okay" stuff and make it fabulous. I have to pick new carpet, tiles and paint. Wahoo! I do need some ideas though so please feel free to give me advice.....

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations! There's a website (or blog) called Design Sponge where she has all sorts of ideas for repurposing stuff. Also, I don't know if Martha Stewart does anything with furniture, but it's probably worth a look.

Unknown said...

Go to IKEA and Pier One. They both have some great things at pretty decent prices. Even if you don't buy anything at IKEA, you can some really go ideas.

The Laban Family said...

I LOVE HOLLADAY!! I have an aunt that lives there and we stay with her everytime we're in Utah! Congratulations on your new home!

Mrs. Wright said...

Good news but man how I wish you were moving here to Happy Valley! I'd pee my pants if that were to happen =0)

Anonymous said...

SO, SO exciting!!! I'm so happy for you guys! How fun that you're moving into the same area as all the old Millstreamers. We're going to miss you!

Ashley said...

Congrats!! I am uber jealous! I want a cute little house in Holladay! Can't wait to see pictures!